Function Specific Activities:
- Analyzing, interpreting, and monitoring the geological formation data to ascertain the extraction risks and the best methods of extraction.
- Using surveys, testing, and analysis to evaluate new reservoirs to determine profits and to create low-cost drilling and extraction plans.
- Generating computer-simulated models for drilling formation and equipment, ensuring and designing the best tools and equipment for extraction, and managing machinery and production costs.
- Determining the most efficient way to drill through internal divisions for a free-flowing single well.
- Determining the most efficient way to fracture shale beds to free the gas or oil.
- Overseeing ongoing production operations, ensuring the efficient extraction and drilling, and ensuring extraction and transportation respect safety and environmental regulations.
- Maintaining on-site drilling and pumping equipment.
- Developing and refining methods of extracting more petroleum from existing wells.
- Overseeing the removal of the company’s equipment, the sealing of the reservoir, and the disposal of waste materials once the reservoir has been exhausted.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum, Civil, Mechanical, Chemical, or related Engineering field.
- An in-depth, creative knowledge of extraction techniques and principles.
- Good IT, research, and survey skills.
- Strong technical, analytical, numerical, and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication, interpersonal, and teamworking skills.
- The willingness and ability to be held accountable for multi-million dollar operations.
- The willingness and ability to work in remote locations, with harsh climates and often unfriendly locals.
- The ability to handle a physically demanding and stressful work environment.